Duratuff Vinyl Cladding – Earning its Green Building Credentials
Duratuff Vinyl Cladding is, quite simply, a superior cladding material. Duratuff Vinyl Cladding used by Young & Bracey is engineered for sustainability to meet today’s environmental challenges and the highest Australian standards.
Duratuff Vinyl Cladding is also a highly suitable building material to meet environmental and sustainability standards. Here are the ten top reasons why Duratuff Vinyl Cladding has earned its green building credentials:
- Duratuff Vinyl Cladding can contribute to points in several Australian green building certification programs. Vinyl cladding has the potential to earn more points than other exterior cladding in leading green building certification programs.
- Vinyl cladding outperforms most other exterior cladding in almost all life-cycle stages for environmental and economic performance.
- Insulated vinyl cladding can increase the effective R-value of a wall by 10 –15 percent compared to traditional vinyl cladding. This added R-value reduces energy consumption over the lifetime of the building or home and reduces its overall carbon footprint.
- The ability to immediately return scrap, regrind scrap and waste directly into the manufacturing process results in virtually no manufacturing waste.
- Unlike other exterior cladding materials, vinyl cladding does not require painting or colouring and only needs periodic cleaning with mild soap and water. This low maintenance alternative is ideal to keep your home always looking good without the weekends needed to maintain it.
- Duratuff Vinyl Cladding is engineered to be a long lasting material. Its wind resistance, high colour retention, as well as its water, chemical and insect resistance means it will long outlast the 50 year manufacturer’s warranty.
- In addition to its exemplary environmental performance, vinyl cladding is an economically sensible option.
- The manufacture of vinyl cladding uses less than half of the energy and fuel consumed in the process of manufacturing brick and mortar.
- Duratuff Vinyl Cladding releases fewer toxic chemicals compared to other exterior cladding materials. Vinyl cladding is responsible for the emission of significantly lower levels of toxic chemicals, including mercury and silver, into the environment.
- Vinyl cladding is manufactured without using any materials that can cause adverse health effects to anyone, be they the installer or the end consumer.